What man doesn’t love a good steak?
- 2 x Beef Fillet Steaks (500g)
- 2 thick slices of Gouda cheese
- 100g capsicum (chargrilled)
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- Preheat and oven to 220 degrees (or 200 fan forced)
- Cut steaks in half horizontally, making two stacks (2 bases, 2 tops).
- Divide each of the spinach, grilled capsicum and cheese between each steak base, season with salt and pepper, then add steak top and tie securely with kitchen string.
- In heated lightly sprayed frying pan, cook steak stack until browned on both sides.
- Carefully take steak stack and move to tray and place in the oven, uncovered for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Once removed from the oven, let it sit for 2 minutes, remove kitchen string.
Adam’s Tip: Great with sweet potato wedges or salad.