There’s nothing fishy about the nutritional credentials of this tasty and simple lunch. It’s got you covered with plenty of protein, slow-release carbs, and omega 3s.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn kernels
- 1 x 185g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Crank your oven up to 180C or 160C fan forced. Combine the rice in a large bowl with the corn and tuna, give it a good mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Scrape the rice mixture into a 4-cup (1-litre) capacity baking dish. In the same bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, and parmesan and beat with a fork until smooth. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the rice
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the rice is warmed through and the top is golden and bubbling. Rice will keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- SERVES – 2
- PROTEIN – 33.8g
- CARBS – 63.4g
- SUGAR – 4.5g
- FAT – 8.8g