Looking for a sweet treat like Grandma used to make? This rice crispy recipe is packed full of protein and healthy fats. Plus, they are Man Shake approved, which means any bloke can make them!
- 3 cups organic rice puffs (don’t use Kellogs rice bubbles)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Scoops of Chocolate Man Shake (or your choice of flavour)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 50g sugar-free Dark Chocolate (or dairy-free chocolate)
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, Man Shake, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Gently stir in the rice puffs and sea salt. Spoon mixture into a prepared baking dish and cover with another sheet of parchment. Press down firmly to flatten and even out – don’t be afraid to crush the cereal, you want too! Set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the bars have partially solidified, melt your chocolate. In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments until melted. Pour over bars and smooth to cover.
- Place bars in either the fridge or the freezer to set up. Once firm, cut into squares.
Serving Size & Nutrition
- Makes 8 bars (depending on how you cut them)
- 230 calories per serve