The Chicken Parmy is an Aussie pub favourite but the one you get from the local is probably not doing your weight any favours. Adam has a simple recipe for you to make this classic at home that you can eat guilt free!
- 1 chicken breast (approx. 150g)
- 1 slice lean ham
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt tomato paste
- ¼ cup low fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups of ‘free’ veggies or salad – fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Flatten chicken breast with your fist or mallet.
- Lightly spray a baking tray with cooking oil put chicken on tray
- Spread tomato paste over the chicken then cover with ham
- Sprinkle a handful of cheese over the top. Stick the tray in the oven and cook for 25–30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with side salad or veggies
Adam’s Tip: Feel free to go for the snap frozen veg option here – they are as healthy as a fresh option with the added benefit of being cheaper and lasting longer.