When you are trying to lose weight it would be a fair assumption that sausage rolls would immediately be off the menu. Well, Adam is bringing them back with his lean mean sausage roll recipe!
Makes 24 (4 per person)
- 2 sheets of reduced fat puff pastry
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup tomato relish
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and get the pastry sheets out of the freezer to thaw
- Put the mince, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs and relish into a large bowl and combine with your hands. Divide into mixture evenly into four and roll out into logs roughly as long as the pastry sheets
- Cut the thawed pastry sheets in half and put mince log along the long edge of each piece of pastry. Roll your pastry over your mince mixture, so that the pastry edges are joined.
- Cut each roll into six pieces and place on the oven tray that is lined with baking paper
- Bake for 15-20 or until golden brown and flaky