Every bloke loves pizza. but not the fat and bloated gut that comes with it.
Well, don’t worry because this man pizza special will help you pack on the muscle and not the gut.
- 1/4 Butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1 Wholemeal pizza base
- 250g raw peeled prawns
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes (about 1/3 cup), chopped
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- Get your oven preheating to 200C with a baking tray inside.
- Cook the pumpkin in a saucepan full of boiling water (or the microwave) until tender
- Drain and mash the pumpkin, cracking in a bit of salt and pepper, then spread it over your pizza base.
- Top with the prawns, spinach, and tomatoes and then follow with the cheese.
- Transfer the pizza to the hot baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked and the cheese is golden and bubbly
- If you don’t have time to cook and mash the pumpkin (though trust me, it’s worth your while if you can), buy a wholemeal pizza base with sauce and just add the rest of the topping ingredients to that.
- You could even chuck on some chopped mushrooms for extra veggies.