Is there anything more Aussie than a good meat pie?
Well, this is the Man Pie. It tastes unreal, and it won’t add to your belt notches like other pies. Trust me, this recipe is one for the pool room!
The best part? You don’t even taste the veggies you’ve piled in!
- 2 carrots diced
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 600g lean mince (kangaroo meat is a great choice),
- Tin of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a pan, spray a light layer of olive oil and add chopped carrots, mushrooms, onion, and red capsicum.
- Once slightly cooked add lean mince, tomatoes, garlic, sugar, and chili sauce.
- Combine till brown.
- Dish out mince into 4 small aluminum takeaway containers or small oven bowls (great way to make sure you don’t overeat), or you can make 1 big pie to serve with an oven dish!
- Place 1/4 puff pastry sheet over top of pie and a dash of milk over the pastry to make golden.
- Put in oven for 15 min or until golden.
- Serve with some extra veggies or a salad and enjoy!